Upside-Down Apple Maple Pie
- 6 to 7 apples cored, peeled and quarted, preserve in a bowl with a little lemon juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 talespoons unsalted butter
- 2½ tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- Pie crust pastry.
- To a pot add maple syrup and unsalted butter. Simmer at medium heat until butter hasmelted.
- Dilute corn starch in water and add to maple syrup and stir 2 – 3 minutes. Let cool.Once cooled add apples and mix well together.
- Place quarted apples on pie plate. Place uncooked pie crust over apples. Seal pie crustpastry well around pie plate. Cut a few vents into pastry .
- Make an egg wash by beating the egg and little water together. Brush pie crust pastrywith egg wash. Bake at 375 °F in preheated oven for 1 hour. Let cool for ½ hour then reverse onto large pie dish.