- 1 1/2 cups [375 ml] all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon [5 ml] baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup [180 ml] of milk
- 1 tablespoon [15 ml] sugar
- 3 apples
- Oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup [80 ml] water
- 1/2 cup [125 ml] brown sugar
- 1/4 cup [60 ml] corn syrup
- In a bowl, sift all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Add eggs, milk and sugar.
- Mix together using a wisk or wooden spoon to obtain a smooth thick dough.
- Peel apples and remove core with apple corer.
- Cut apples horizontally into 1/2 inch [1.2 cm] slices.
- In dough soak and coat each apple slice evenly.
- Drain excess dough.
- Heat oil 350°F [180°C].
- Fry a few apple slices at a time, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove apples slices from oil and place on absorbant paper.
- In a small pot, heat water, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Pour over warm apple fritters.